X4 offers a place where patient-focus is our priority and encourage people who share this value to apply. We offer a team-based approach in a collegial environment. We place a high importance on individual career development to enable one to meet his or her professional goals.
X4 is seeking key team members who:
- Problem solve and who execute with high precision
- Say what they mean, and let their words match their actions
- Enjoy a team environment and foster direct and open communications
X4 is an equal opportunity employer and offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Full-time employees are eligible for all benefits on their date of hire.
- Health plan
- Dental plan
- Life/ADD insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) plan for retirement savings
- Subsidized parking or MBTA pass
- Competitive Paid Time Off / Holidays
X4 Pharmaceuticals is developing novel therapeutics designed to improve immune cell trafficking and reverse immune suppression, which is fundamental to treating cancer and certain rare, genetic primary immunodeficiency diseases. Our oral, small molecule drug candidates inhibit the binding of chemokine CXCL12 to C-X-C receptor type 4 (CXCR4), a receptor-ligand pair that plays an essential role in normal immune surveillance. We are committed to advancing the fields of cancer immunotherapy and genetic immune disorders through innovation and investment in our proprietary clinical and preclinical pipeline.
The Director, Program Management will temporarily report to the Vice President of Clinical Operations and will be responsible for developing the strategic plans and tactical execution of the Program Management function, including accountability for the processes, tools, timelines, budgets, and forward-planning that assess risk and drives the successful delivery of all X4 programs. This is a highly visible role that will have cross-functional impact requiring timely communications with the Senior Leadership Team. The successful candidate is a critical thinker with extensive experience in
program/project management, corporate risk assessment, demonstrated excellence in cross-functional communication and integration, and expertise leading through influence.
To succeed at X4, the candidate will have a sustained reputation for a values-driven, collaborative, engagement style where integrity and the consideration of our Patients drives all decisions and actions.
Scope of Work and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement necessary processes and tools for program management across all company functions and programs that ensure organizational efficiency, cross-functional integration, budget consideration, and risk assessment and mitigation
- Develop cross-functional and forward looking Development Plans aligned with corporate objectives and long-range planning; identify goals and milestones and regularly communicate to all relevant stakeholders
- Lead Program Teams and facilitate the achievement of program and project goals by monitoring on-going progress of key milestones and budgets against cross-functional Development Plans, including the identification of risk and opportunity, mitigation strategies and contingency planning
- Independent accountability to assess corporate and program risk through integrated timeline and budget management and facilitate and drive operational decision making across the different stakeholders to achieve strategic objectives
- Serve as a key liaison in the interactions and deliverables between X4 team members and external consultants/contractors
- Regularly assess results and missed goals and inform senior management on critical changes to plan and provides recommendations in a timely and thoughtful manner
Qualifications and Professional Skills:
- BS / MS degree with minimum of 8 years’ experience with demonstrated success leading high visibility, cross-functional programs and/or leading Program Management in a high growth biotech/pharma company
- Strong leadership skills that include multi-level meeting facilitation, cross-functional team integration and a forward-thinking approach to achieve company objectives
- Successful track record fostering collaborative, cross-functional efforts, with high performing teams, including effective skill at conflict management and resolution with tact, diplomacy and composure
- Extensive technical expertise in a discipline associated with all phases of drug development and/or manufacturing or strong program management experience in a biotech or pharma
- Experience and success collaborating with the full value chain of drug development from discovery, preclinical, manufacturing, regulatory and clinical development to supporting PH3 programs, as well as all business functions
- Experience with market launch and commercial planning, a plus
- Earned reputation for success managing multiple projects and priorities with exceptional organizational and time- line management skills
- Excellent written, verbal, electronic and presentation communication skills
- Understands and motivates others and earns credibility through successful interactions with all levels of an organization, internally and with external Partners
- Highly proficient in relevant software: Smartsheet, Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
X4 Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, nationality, marital, domestic partnership or civil union status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law. Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We invite you to apply for any of our current openings at email@example.com for additional employment related information.